- Product Q&A
To prepare Essiac Tea:
- Boil 1 gallon of fresh spring or distilled water in a stainless steel pot.
- Stir in 4 oz of tea (by weight). Cover pot.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir. Cover and let sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Stir, cover, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Strain through a fine mesh colander. Funnel liquid into clean amber glass bottle and cap, but do not tighten; tighten cap after cooling.
- Refrigerate. Mixture will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks if refrigerated.
Directions for drinking:
- Shake herbal tea to mix well. Add 2 fluid oz tea to equal amount (2 oz) boiled fresh spring or distilled water.
- Drink 2 to 4 oz daily on an empty stomach, preferably before bedtime.
Ingredients: Burdock root, sheep sorrel, rhubarb root and slippery elm bark powder.
Warning: Pregnant women should consult their physician. Should use only stainless steel utensils when preparing this tea.
Write Your Own Review
Send to a Friend
Questions & Answer for Essiac Tea
On April 19, 2014 jane asked:
- Q: Does this contain the sheep sorrel roots and not just the leaves and if so what percent of the sheep sorrel is roots and what is the rest of the plant
- A: Our Essiac blends include sheep sorrel herb, which is the entire above-ground portion. It does not contain sheep sorrel roots. - starwest staff
- Was this this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
Please enter your email address and we will notify you as soon as is back in-stock.
Your request has been submitted successfully.As soon as
the item is back in-stock we will notify you via email.
Thank you for your patience.