Organic Sesame Oil (Virgin)
Our Organic Sesame Seed Oil is expeller pressed from high quality sesame seeds (Sesamum indicum), allowing it to retain its naturally delicious flavor and nutrient content. It has a distinctively rich, nutty flavor. Sesame oil contains sesamol, sesamolin, and sesamin oils, which are responsible for its antioxidant activity. It also contains linoleic polyunsaturated fatty acids and oleic monounsaturated fatty acids, and others in small amounts. Virgin Sesame Seed Oil is known to be relatively stable, thus making it more resistant to oxidation (rancidity).
About Our Vegetable Oils
- We both manufacture and source only the finest quality products from highly regarded suppliers from all around the world, many of whom we’ve worked with for decades.
- Our In-house Quality Control Laboratory has experienced technicians to provide a complete and thorough product analysis of all of our vegetable oils.
A continuous feed method where the oil is squeezed from the raw vegetable material in a single step using friction and high pressure. The expeller pressed method can create some heat because of the high amounts of friction and added pressures involved, causing the material to heat up (usually around 120-200F). However, no supplemental heat is added in the process. Oils made with the expeller method are often still considered cold pressed and usually have a fairly undisturbed molecular state. Sometimes a cooling apparatus is also used to reduce the temperature and to protect certain nutritional properties of the oils being extracted. The expeller press process is typically used when additional pressure is required to extract the oil from the nut, seed, or fruit
Unrefined oils are left in their virgin state after pressing, thus retaining all of their beneficial nutrient and healthful properties, including being rich and robust with their true, natural flavors and aroma. They tend to have a lower smoke point than refined oils, and are more commonly used for low to medium heat applications and culinary dishes. They tend to be more desirable when one would like a more potent aroma and flavor, or more nutritional value in the recipe.
Vegetable oils are healthful and flavorful and provide many essential nutrients to the body, and they make a healthy and nourishing addition to body care products and a flavorful addition to culinary dishes and baked goods.
- Although Sesame Oil is a delicious all-purpose oil for any culinary tradition, it is commonly used in Chinese, Korean, and Southeast Asian cuisines.
- It has a high smoke point, making it ideal for frying foods and stir-fry dishes.
- It is also great for making salad dressings and marinades, particularly a Chinese chicken salad dressing.
- Used in numerous applications as an emollient, and is commonly found in body and skin care products like soaps, creams, massage oils, hair care products, perfumes. It is also used in natural sunscreen formulations.