Organic Sunflower Oil (Refined, High Oleic)
Our Organic Sunflower Oil is derived by the expeller pressing of sun-ripened organic sunflower seeds (Helianthus annuus), and is refined, bleached, deodorized, and winterized. It has a delicious, slightly nutty flavor. Sunflower Oil contains essential fatty acids, primarily oleic. The oleic acid content of this oil is typically found at levels between 75% and 90%, and makes the oil more stable and resistant to oxidation (rancidity).
About Our Vegetable Oils
- We both manufacture and source only the finest quality products from highly regarded suppliers from all around the world, many of whom we’ve worked with for decades.
- Our In-house Quality Control Laboratory has experienced technicians to provide a complete and thorough product analysis of all of our vegetable oils.
A continuous feed method where the oil is squeezed from the raw vegetable material in a single step using friction and high pressure. The expeller pressed method can create some heat because of the high amounts of friction and added pressures involved, causing the material to heat up (usually around 120-200F). However, no supplemental heat is added in the process. Oils made with the expeller method are often still considered cold pressed and usually have a fairly undisturbed molecular state. Sometimes a cooling apparatus is also used to reduce the temperature and to protect certain nutritional properties of the oils being extracted. The expeller press process is typically used when additional pressure is required to extract the oil from the nut, seed, or fruit
Refined oils are processed, typically have any potential impurities removed or filtered out (often using natural clays), including flash fluctuations in temperatures, and may have slightly less of their true, potent flavor and aroma. These oils tend to have a higher smoke point than unrefined oils, & are more commonly used for medium to high heat applications & culinary dishes. Refined oils are often used for body care products because of their less potent aroma and higher smoke point; and also for day-to-day cooking and higher heat culinary dishes such as stir frying or sautéing, as not to overpower the desired taste and aroma of the food itself.
Bleaching: This step is intended primarily to remove unwanted color from the oil, in addition to other undesirable materials such as sulfur compounds, trace metals, and soap. This is achieved by combining the oil with specific kinds of clay that have bleaching properties. (After bleaching, the media is removed.)
Deodorizing: Deodorizing is achieved by steaming the oils with extremely high temperatures in order to remove residual substances that may cause an unwanted taste or odor from the oil.
Vegetable oils are healthful and flavorful and provide many essential nutrients to the body, and they make a healthy and nourishing addition to body care products and a flavorful addition to culinary dishes and baked goods.
- High Oleic Sunflower Oil can be a healthful alternative to saturated oils or hydrogenated oils in culinary dishes.
- Sunflower is a versatile, all-purpose oil that has a high smoke point, making it ideal for frying foods, stir-fry, sautéing, baking, or blending into dressings and sauces.
- High oleic oils are also often used in packaged baked goods (packaged cakes, cookies, etc), as spray coating for cereal, crackers and dried fruit; and in non-dairy creamers.
- Can also be used in baked goods instead of butter, margarine, or shortening and is an excellent replacement for regular cooking oil in your recipes.
- It contains vitamin E, and is a good carrier oil due to its moisturizing qualities. It can be used in numerous applications as an emollient, and is commonly found in body and skin care products like soaps, creams, lotions, massage oils, and hair care products.