Organic English Breakfast Tea Bags
This blend of black teas is usually described as a medium-bodied, rich morning beverage. It is blended to go well with milk, sugar or honey, and typically associated with a hearty breakfast. Enjoy this tea as a wonderful morning beverage or at tea-time in the afternoon with freshly baked scones or other baked goods.
- The tea bag paper used to make our tea bags is manufactured from a specially selected blend of manila hemp fiber derived from the leaf stalks of the abacá plant, cellulose, and thermoplastic fibers, making it strong and durable with a high wet strength.
- The paper is free of dyes, adhesive, and glue, and is oxygen-bleached (no chlorine used), therefore eliminating dioxins.
- Compliant for all food standards, including organic.
- Non-GMO and free of allergens and epichlorohydrin.
- Approximate number of tea bags:
- 4 oz: 68
- 1 lb: 270
Flowery Orange Pekoe (F.O.P.) refers to a high quality whole leaf tea with a long leaf and good balance of tips. FOP contains fine, tender young leaves with buds (referred to as tips) and is made from the first two leaves and bud of the shoot. When harvested during the slow growth periods, these young buds have a golden tip, hence the grade 'Flowery', thus making it Flowery Orange Pekoe (FOP).
Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe (T.G.F.O.P.) is FOP with a larger amount of tips. When these tips are in abundance, the terms 'Tippy and Golden' are attached to FOP, thus making it Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe. TGFOP is the top grade of OP tea.
Organic China Black F.O.P. Tea and Organic Assam T.G.F.O.P. Tea.