Organic Red Clover Sprouting Seeds
Our Organic Red Clover Sprouting Seeds (Trifolium pratense) are grown in accordance with the National Organic Program and Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI). Red Clover is a fast growing plant and if you were to examine it after only a week’s time, you would already notice the green leaves starting. Even at this early stage, Red Clover sprouts provide the full flavor of the fully grown adult vegetables. Red clover is a cousin of alfalfa with bigger leaves and a fresh garden flavor. Red clover looks so much like alfalfa that many people can’t distinguish between either their seeds or their sprouts. But red clover is a lighter green with a slightly more pronounced, mild-sweet flavor. While alfalfa can hold onto its seed jackets tightly, red clover does an excellent job of shedding them.
Starwest Certified Organic and Kosher Certified Sprouting Seeds provide a fresh, natural way to supplement one’s diet, and are an easy and convenient way to get the nutrients one’s body needs. Any of our flavorful Sprouting Seeds can be used in a variety of recipes, including stir-fry, salads, sandwiches and soups.
Reasons to grow your own sprouts
- Nutrition: Sprouts are baby vegetables in their prime. They contain nutrients including proteins, vitamins and minerals, and enzymes. Red Clover also contains vitamins A, B, C, E, & K, and in minerals and trace elements. Contains more protein than lettuce and spinach.
- Freshness: Eaten when picked. No loss of nutrients sitting on the produce shelf. Great fresh, flavors!
- Variety: You can grow more varieties of salad greens than are available in the supermarket .Your salads will come alive with flavor!
- Digestibility: As baby plants, their delicate cell walls easily release elemental nutrients. Abundant enzymes make them easier to digest.
- Space & Time: It’s Easy! Just add water! No soil. No bugs. No green thumb required. No special lights. One pound grows in only 9 inches of space.
- Economics: Seeds can multiply many times their weight and you can save money by growing your own rather than buying the grown sprouts. Instead of 1 head of lettuce, you get 1,000's of micro-lettuce leaves. You can have a delicious 100% Organic Salad 52 weeks a year for only pennies per pound!
See our Sprouting Accessories to help you grow your own sprouts!