Organic Earl Grey Tea Bags
This blend unites our full bodied black teas creating an exceptionally rich black tea, fermented to perfection, with a touch of citrusy bergamot oil, creating a light refreshing taste. This combination creates an ultra fine tea where precision and process gives birth to this much revered beverage. While Earl Grey possesses the delicacy and nuance of flavor to the be enjoyed on its own, it's also beautifully accentuated with a slice of lemon and goes well with citrus or buttery flavored pastries. It can be served hot with or without milk or sugar/honey, and is an excellent drink for any time of the day.
- The tea bag paper used to make our tea bags is manufactured from a specially selected blend of manila hemp fiber derived from the leaf stalks of the abacá plant, cellulose, and thermoplastic fibers, making it strong and durable with a high wet strength.
- The paper is free of dyes, adhesive, and glue, and is oxygen-bleached (no chlorine used), therefore eliminating dioxins.
- Compliant for all food standards, including organic.
- Non-GMO and free of allergens and epichlorohydrin.
- Approximate number of tea bags:
- 4 oz: 68
- 1 lb: 270
Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe (T.G.F.O.P.) is FOP with a larger amount of tips. When these tips are in abundance, the terms 'Tippy and Golden' are attached to FOP, thus making it Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe. TGFOP is the top grade of OP tea.
Flowery Orange Pekoe (F.O.P.) refers to a high quality whole leaf tea with a long leaf and good balance of tips. FOP contains fine, tender young leaves with buds (referred to as tips) and is made from the first two leaves and bud of the shoot. When harvested during the slow growth periods, these young buds have a golden tip, hence the grade 'Flowery', thus making it Flowery Orange Pekoe (FOP).
Organic China Black F.O.P. Tea, Organic Assam T.G.F.O.P. Tea, and organic bergamot oil.