Mortar, Suribachi Blue 6"
The suribachi is a Japanese mortar, and is to be used with a pestle called a "surikogi".
See our Suribachi Wooden Pestle to use with this mortar, and our selection of Starwest Herbs and Spices.
- In Japanese cooking, the suribachi is used to crush sesame seeds as well as for various pastes.
- You'll find that the suribachi is an essential tool for preparation of many common Japanese sauces, dressings, and pastes.
- It can also be used to efficiently grind fresh or dry herbs and spices, and is an invaluable tool for any kitchen.
| || |
- The suribachi mortar is an earthenware bowl, glazed on the outside with a capacity of approximately 10 oz.
- The inside of the bowl has a ridged pattern (kushi-no-me) to facilitate grinding.