Suribachi Wooden Pestle 7"
The wooden pestle, called a "surikogi", is to be used with the suribachi mortar.
See our Brown and
Blue Suribachi Mortars to use with this pestle, and our selection of Starwest Herbs and Spices.
- In Japanese cooking, the suribachi is used to crush sesame seeds as well as for various pastes.
- You'll find that the suribachi is an essential tool for preparation of many common Japanese sauces, dressings, and pastes.
- It can also be used to efficiently grind fresh or dry herbs and spices, and is an invaluable tool for any kitchen.
- It is made of 100% natural Magnolia Obovata wood (harvested in Japan) rather than clay to keep the pestle from wearing down the ridges in the mortar.
- It has a hole at the top end for easy hanging and tapers at the end for an easy grip.